You can easily embed Google Maps into your WordPress.com blog.
1) Visit Google Maps.
2) Type in any street address or geographic location and click Search Maps.
3) Once your map is fully loaded, click on the Link option found on the top right of the map area.
4) A popup will appear, as illustrated below.
5) Place your mouse cursor in the text box titled Paste HTML to embed in website. The code will begin with
<iframe. Copy the code.
6) In your WordPress.com dashboard, go to Posts->Add New or Pages->Add New (or open an existing post/page in editing mode). Paste the code directly into your visual editor.
7) Click Save Draft, Update, or Publish depending on the status of your post or page. You will notice that the code has changed. WordPress has converted the HTML code into the working shortcode.
- When adding Google Maps to your WordPress.com blog, do NOT manually open the shortcode as you normally do with other services (i.e. do not begin typing the shortcode and then paste the Maps code). This will not work.
- Unfortunately, you can not add Google Maps to your sidebar. You could use the Email or IM link from Google Maps and place it in a text widget.
- You can insert multiple maps into a single post or page.